Esscroft Private Nursery is registered for children between the ages of 3-months and 5-years and this is the overriding policy in respect to admissions, other factors considered in deciding which child can be offered a place in the nursery are:-
- Availability of places taking into account the staff/child ratios, the age of the child and the registration requirements.
- When the application was made (extra weight is given to those who have been on our waiting list the longest).
- Our ability to provide the facilities for the welfare of the child.
- The effect on the existing children and staff on the admission of that child.
- Children must attend a minimum of two sessions per week.
- A child wanting a full time place will usually have preference over one requiring part time only.
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child's welfare of his/her family.
- Those children who are siblings of those already with us, or where there is a proven existing connection.
We never have and have no intention in the future of descriminating against any child on grounds of sex, race, religion, colour or creed.
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 lays down a legal obligation on us to consider those designated disabled or disadvantaged, using as far as possible the same criteria as for all other children.
We will in such cases however carry out additional review of their individual circumstances and requirements, and then assess our ability to meet those needs. This is necassary to fulfil our prime objective, a standard of care that ensures the safety and welfare of all of the children, all of the time.